Ready to make BIG bucks from your blog? Don’t miss the FREE 7 Surefire Ways to Boost Your Blog Income Overnight! You can get even more exclusive freebies for the secrets to a successful blog from mega-blogger and 7-figure earner, Ruth Soukup!
Fun and Cheap DIY Party Decorations
I love parties, but I had no idea how expensive parties can be until I helped to host a friend’s bridal shower. HO. LY. COW. My friend (the sister of the groom) was worried about making everything fit into her budget of $500 for a party of 20 people. Those numbers don’t compute to me!
I’m all about finding the best cheap DIY party decorations for the best time on a budget. And obviously, having a bridal shower without decorations wasn’t an option. It was time to find fun and cheap DIY party decorations! I helped my friend throw an amazing party (of which I WISH I had taken pictures!) for less than $50.
A lot of the super cute ideas that you see in party stores that cost an arm and a leg can all be made at home with a little creativity and a lot less money. Cheap DIY party decorations don’t have to be minimalist either. You can add a lot of glitz, glamor, and glitter all from the dollar store or the dollar bins at Target.
Here are my favorite ways to decorate for a party of any kind using things that you can get from the dollar store or you might even have them in your own home.
More money saving ideas:
Dollar store balloons and confetti make this sparkly party accent.
A little glitter and some glue can take a vase from drab to fab!
Birthday photo backdrops are super popular! This is a fun way to get a unique effect.
Do you have extra glass bottles lying around? Give them some color.
I love this one! It’s a focal point for the whole party made from things you keep in storage.
This tasseled garland is sure to be a huge hit. You can even make it from recycled tissue paper that’s seen better days!
So I’m a sucker for all things that glitter! But plastic cups are suddenly chic when you add some glitter to them! You could also replace the actual glitter with metallic or glitter spray paint if you want to avoid any potential glitter mess on your hands.
Don’t pay for expensive metal ice bins when you can just get these from the dollar store and spray paint them whatever color you’d want.
These tissue paper pom poms are my favorites! We actually made these for my friend’s shower and they turned out amazing on the first try. You could buy the premade ones for $10 for 2 of them, or you could make your own for $1 for 4 of them. Yup!
You can customize these signs to say whatever you want them to say. Plus, you make them from cardboard!
Cutlery can be so boring. Add a pop of color with some paint to liven it up! Without needing to pay for the expensive color-coordinating cutlery.
Who doesn’t love mason jars? There’s a ton of fun ways to add personality to a party with mason jars! This watermelon themed mason jar is so cute and could easily be made with things you have at home.
Little pops of color can go a long way. These dip-dyed cupcake liners prove that you can do very little work to get a big result.
Add some serious sparkle to your whole party with glitter-dipped balloons.
Plastic wine glasses get classier with the addition of some glitter!
Lessons learned: a little glitter and some glue can really take a party to the next level, and you don’t need to spend a small fortune on decorations that will (most likely) only get used once.
More money saving resources:
What’s your usual party budget look like?
Get the FREE Money Saving Calendar!
Money troubles got you down? Don’t know where to start to fix it?! Constantly overwhelmed by money!??!?
Get daily tips to fix your finances in less than 10 minutes each day!First Name Email Address We use this field to detect spam bots. If you fill this in, you will be marked as a spammer. SUBSCRIBEWe won’t send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.Powered by ConvertKit
From Sites We Love!
- Dollar Store Home Decor Ideas
- 20 Dollar Store Thanksgiving Decorations
- I Tried Extreme Couponing for a Month: How Much I Spent and Saved
- 10 Super Easy DIY Fall Wreaths
- 20 DIY Family Halloween Costumes
- 8 DIY Fall Decorating Inspiration
- 10K+Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)10K+
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
In “Frugal Living”
In “Dollar Store Hacks”
- Kimberly saysAugust 9 at 9:49 AMWow! $500 doesn’t compute to me either. My party budget is typically just as little as possible. I just posted my own list to help throw a party for cheap.
- Felicia saysAugust 9 at 10:35 AMLove these ideas. Super cute and budget friendly.Reply
- Melissa saysMay 10 at 2:38 AMLove these ideas! will definitely use some for my 21st 🙂Reply
- Emily @DomesticDeadline.com saysJuly 30 at 1:06 PMGreat ideas! Planning definitely helps the budgeting and DIY! Thanks for linking up to #HomeMattersPartyReply
- Veronica Samson saysDecember 29 at 7:48 AMThese glitter dipped balloons and glasses are stealing the show. Never thought that something so simple and cost effective would look so much fabulous.Reply
Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
I’d like a FREE copy of the 200 Ways to Save WorkbookWife. Mom. Extreme cheapskate. Side hustle pro. Money saving guru. Lover of all the coffee.
LOOKING FOR SOMETHING?
JOIN HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF MONTHLY READERS!
SUBSCRIBE TO THE NEWSLETTER!
AN ELITE CAFEMEDIA LIFESTYLE PUBLISHER